Chosen to helm a 50,000+ member organization that “identifies and fosters human intelligence for the benefit of humanity,” first-time chief leader Trevor Mitchell was faced with an impressive undertaking. Ready to
embrace the challenge, Trevor enlisted the support of a Vistage peer group, and grounded his leadership in intentional communication, integrity and transparency.
Trevor’s guiding principles:
- Leadership is serious work, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Recognize everything you say and do has specific meaning.
- Keep lines of communication open.
- Get a clear picture — ask for more information.
- In crisis, evaluate decisions by asking: Would I be okay with this showing up on the news?
- Trust your gut.