Shannon Coomes joined Hill Fire Protection in 2010, and has grown revenues from $3M to $30M+. “I’ve never been afraid of the challenges associated with working in the construction industry,” she says. A problem-solver who runs on grit and determination, Shannon’s leadership is credited with rebuilding a once struggling business.
Her tips for success:
- Put people in the right places to build a good team.
- Write it down. Put a target in place. And hit it.
- Hire those with a can-do attitude who’ll hold one another accountable.
- Let people make mistakes and work through them.
- If you aren’t growing, you aren’t providing opportunities for your employees.
- Strive for transparency in management.