“Enable unprecedented learning for all students.” This is Lumen Learning’s mission, and CEO/co-founder Kim Thanos has not wavered in her pursuit. A record-setting female entrepreneur, Kim has assured success with the following tactics:
- Make sure expectations are clear.
- Own what you don’t know.
- Use DISC assessment. Focus on the interaction, not on the person.
- Employ an issue processing framework in leadership team meetings.
- Lean on others’ strengths where you have weaknesses.
- Lead your board. Don’t let the board lead you.
Lumen Learning has assisted more than 300 institutions in transitioning high-enrollment courses to use of open educational resources, creating $10M+ in savings for students.