“As a leader, you do nothing alone — whose future Lifetime Achievement Award are YOU contributing to?” Guy Martin joined MHC as a laborer in 1982. Following in the footsteps of his father, Guy now runs the business, nurturing a renowned culture that at its core, is all about family.
Purchased by a holding company five years ago, all of the Martin-Harris associates trusted the leadership of the company and remained through the transition and beyond.
Guy’s tips for inspiring such loyalty:
- Be kind first, at all costs.
- Cause no suffering.
- Constantly display a willingness to be wrong.
- In every environment, be a mentor.
- Hustle until your haters ask if you are hiring.
- Work so humbly you don’t have to introduce yourself.
- Inspire others to achieve — every day.