A “brilliant force for good on the planet,” Christina Vela is unwavering in her resolve to transform the lives of abused and at-risk children. Inspired by the triumphs of those she serves, she explains, “If they can do it, then I certainly can do it.”
- Believe you can make a difference, one person at a time.
- Nonprofit” does not mean “for loss.”
- How we do the work is as important as what we say we will do.
- Self-care for caregivers is critical.
- Don’t give yourself an easy out.
Under Christina’s leadership, St. Jude’s Ranch is thriving. She is currently leading the charge to build a 15-acre healing facility for victims of sex trafficking — the first of its kind in the U.S.